The Wonderful World of Whiskey
So Which Is Your FAVORITE?
Whiskey is often portrayed as a stuffy old fashioned drink. But do you know what? That could not be further from the truth!
It's a wonderful spirit that's remarkably interesting, complex and always varied in its taste smell and enjoyment. It is produced all over the world, in so many different ways, utilising differing techniques, different water and different ingredients that no one bottle is the same.
Can I point out that you are likely to see me spell Whisky without an (e) which is the Scottish and Canadian way, and Whiskey with an (e) which is the Irish and American way of spelling. So please don't think I've made a load of spelling mistakes!
Whether it's from the traditional whisky countries such as Scotland, Ireland, or any other part of the world, Japan, (the Japanese are real enthusiasts), Canada or the USA, and increasingly the Chinese.
... each and every "dram" should be savoured and enjoyed for what it is, a rich, glorious and satisfying spirit with real history and depth.
I want you to really enjoy my site.
I've worked hard to get across my passion, for what is the "King" of spirits, and I will try and feature everything I believe the novice to the enthusiast would like to hear, or would want to read.
Please feel free to contact me me or indeed to bookmark my site ... Please enjoy!
And now onto the exciting bits.
Whiskey is increasingly being produced all over the world. Whether it is in traditional countries of Scotland and Ireland, or countries like America, Canada or Japan, it's a vast and tremendously interesting subject.
Jim Murray produces a famous book called "Jim Murray's Whisky Bible" which in 2013 will be its 10th year. In his latest edition he sampled product not only from the well known countries, but from Austria, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, India, South Africa, Thailand and more, plus he has named one of America's most ancient distilleries both the world's finest and second finest tipple in the new edition of Jim Murray's Whisky Bible.
Its six-year-old Thomas Handy Sazerac rye whiskey amassed a record-equalling 97.5 points out of a hundred to be crowned World Whisky of the Year. Runner up was sister bourbon William Larue Weller.
It is the first time in the all ten editions of the Whisky Bible that both the World Whisky of the Year and the runner up have come from the same distillery.
... So on to the detail, and please, Enjoy!
The best Whiskies
The big brands
What is it and how is it made
Which countries make it
- About me and how I built this site
- Site Build It - The best small business site in the world
- The Great Whiskey Brands
- Whiskey brands great worldwide drinks companies
- Scotch Whisky brands
- Scotch Whisky brands - From the Home of Whisky
- Best Scotch Whisky - An interesting read
- Everything about what makes the best scotch Whisky
- Best Whisky - Guidance on helping you find yours
- Guidance on helping you find the Best Whisky
- American Whiskey brands
- American Whiskey brands - Great Bourbon and great Rye's
- The Whiskey rebellion & the importance in American history
- A concise page on the American Whiskey rebellion
- Canadian whisky brands - the best
- Canadian whisky brands - A definitive list of all the Canadian brands
- Canadian Whiskey
- Canadian Whiskey - Once a giant Whiskey Nation, but not anymore!
- Irish Whiskey brands from where Whiskey was invented.
- Irish Whiskey - A beautiful country, with terrific Whiskey
- Japanese Whiskey
- Japanese Whiskey - still a hidden treasure
- English whisky made the Scottish way
- The first English whisky distillery to be built in over 100 years
- Belgian whisky - The Owl distillery
- Belgian whisky - Join the legend
- Amrut whisky
- Amrut whisky - Award winning whisky from India
- Whiskey making - all you need to know!
- A thorough guide on the art of Whiskey making
- Homemade Whiskey
- Homemade Whiskey - how to make Whiskey at home
- Make Whiskey at home
- An introduction on how to make whiskey at home · Barrels / Casks are what give Whiskey its character · Whiskey still - You need one to make good Whiskey ...
- Whiskey drinks - Cocktails, liquers and many more
- Whiskey drinks - all you need to know
- Whiskey recipes that have inspired the worlds chefs
- Whiskey recipes - Food with that something extra!
- Whiskey glasses allow you to get the most out of your whisky
- Fine Whiskey glasses really do enhance the Scotch of your choice
- Whiskey Barrels
- Whiskey barrels - Oak gives real character to the Whiskey
- Whiskey Tours
- Whiskey tours - See for yourself how it's made!
- Whiskey books - A guide to books about Whisky
- Whiskey books - read about your favourite drink
- Contact me
- Contact me
- Whiskey Stores or Whiskey Shops
- Whiskey Stores - The Specialist Shops where you can buy that special Whiskey
- Miniature Whiskey bottles are a great way to try a whiskey
- Miniature whiskey bottles are great as gifts, as a trail or to collect
- Good quality whiskey glassware really does make a difference to the way it taste
- Quality whiskey glassware really enhances your enjoyment